When purchasing a camera, the strap that comes with them functions well for some events, but if you expect to be photographing for hours, hiking, traveling, or moving around a lot to get a shot, it will not hold up. You need something more discreet, comfortable, practical, and secure. There are many options to choose from, but here are some of the top features you should look for in a camera sling strap.
Top 5 Features to Look for in a Camera Sling Strap
It’s important to choose the best camera sling strap that will hold your gear. You’re trusting it to hold several thousands of dollars in equipment. Make sure the bargain strap isn’t going to cost you hundreds of dollars in repairs in the long run because it’s made from cheaper materials and breaks after a few uses.
- Make sure the strap can hold the weight of your camera and any other gear you may use.
- Choose a sling harness with wider straps. They will help distribute the weight of the camera more evenly and feel more comfortable than a narrow one.
- Make sure that the stitching is reliable and that there aren’t any loose threads or places on the camera strap where the stitching is pulling apart.
- Ensure the sling strap has a quality locking mechanism for your camera. You don’t want to trust weak clasps or rings.
- Inspect how the camera strap not only connects to the camera but how it rests. You don’t want it to cover the battery panel or interfere with tripod mounting.
Secure Your Camera with the SKOUT Sling Style Harness
SKOUT is the world’s most comfortable, secure, and accessible sling-style camera harness. It holds your camera close to your body, stabilizing your gear so you are free to run, ride, or climb without it banging against you. Your gear can easily, instantly, and quietly be deployed. Our patented Twist & Lock mount secures your camera to your chest. It offers stability and weight distribution, and can easily fit with any backpack you may need to carry.
All of Cotton Carrier’s camera harnesses are made from high-quality products like Rugged Nylon 6 camera mounts, hand-tooled anodized aluminum camera mounting hubs, best-quality polypropylene nylon webbing and straps, and quality stitching. Comfortably securing your camera is top of mind, and that’s why we make sure you have the best camera sling strap. Shop our collection of harnesses and other accessories.